Expectations - Page 3 - Can-AM DS450 Forum - DS-450Central Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 AM

Team Epic race quads will include Epic Racing products swingarm and a-arms which take the race quad out to a full 50 inches. Other products you will see are Bling Star aluminum products, Douglas Technology wheels, Quad Tech seat, PWR radiator, ITP tires, Maxima lubricants, K&N filters, Tag bars and stem, Hinson clutch components, WORKS Connection levers, Precision Concepts stabalizer, Tsubaki chain, and a Spark
The owner of this quad is in california.
Not only did we get to see and ride the new Can-Am DS 450 at the recent press introduction in Tennesee, but we got to see the Team Can-Am DS 450 in full race trim. Team Manager Allen White and Epic Racing owner Ryan Wheeler drove all the way out from California to be at the introduction with the Team Epic DS 450.
epic makes a arms for alba.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I like the shocks and the motor, but the rest just seems like it isn't very usefull for all the work they put in.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
epic makes a arms for alba.
I thought Alba drop Epic due too poor quality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
that might be true,I don't know.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah they did. Alba dropped them because Epic is really hard to get a hold of!
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:04 PM

While I love DS' and am in the process of building a DS800, they have always been the minority, with a lack of aftermarket parts to go along with that. I agree that we'll have to wait and see how well this bike translates from paper to the real world, but I have high hopes. While the initial impression might end up being slightly disappointing, I think the potential this bike has is HUGE - kinda reminds me of a stock YFZ when it first came out.

I'm going to hold off on getting one initially ( I have 4 bikes and need to sell some) but if I was a betting man, this 450 will be the next one I buy.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
While I love DS' and am in the process of building a DS800, they have always been the minority, with a lack of aftermarket parts to go along with that. I agree that we'll have to wait and see how well this bike translates from paper to the real world, but I have high hopes. While the initial impression might end up being slightly disappointing, I think the potential this bike has is HUGE - kinda reminds me of a stock YFZ when it first came out.

I'm going to hold off on getting one initially ( I have 4 bikes and need to sell some) but if I was a betting man, this 450 will be the next one I buy.
I agree,I'm holding off to. I was thinking about the raptor but this might make the choice more difficult.I'm not an mx'er so the 450 is kind of small but the weight and power are what makes me think this might be the quad.if the after market picks this thing up then it will be a winner.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:17 AM

Yah, I at least am gonna wait till the price comes down a touch, being from canada we pay a little more, and wait to see if there are any problems with them

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:44 AM

I work at a Can-Am dealer. They said we won't see one for a while. I'm all the way in Wyoming though. The spec. seem to compare to a yfz. I can't wait to Demo one!!!
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:41 PM

Alba dropping Epic is 100% untrue. Cal have been a longtime complainer and chit stirrer against Epic for reasons he will never, ever own up to online. In person, he acts like nothing's wrong (And there wasn't aside from an error on his behalf)

Epic had and fulfilled a production requirement with Alba. Epic has yet to have a part fail due to lack of quality. I could go into the details of why the relationship didn't work, but it's all water under the bridge.

Fact of the matter is that Epic has been hard to reach, because 100% of their focus the last 2 years is not in production of product but in developing their racing program. That's it! Now they have a golden oppertunity here with Can-Am, and I can tell you that over the last year I have really understood just how driven, and picky the Can-Am reps are when it comes to who they deal with.

So to directly address Cal....if they are as bad as you claim, then why does one of the largest companies in North America chose to have them run their race team at this pivotal point?

They could have their choice of partners....Leager, Roll, Lone Star, I-Shock, yet they chose Epic....that would mean in their eyes, Epic matches or surpasses the competition.

TPR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-AM DS450 Forum - DS-450Central Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page