Expectations - Can-AM DS450 Forum - DS-450Central Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

I know this is the first post, but after watching the videos online about the new ds450, how are all you guys feeling about this quad.

I think it is definatly breaking new boundaries and will really help the quad revolution, there may be 1st year problems along the way, but still appears to be industry leading.

Whats your opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 PM

im saying the motor will be awesome.... not sure if i trust other parts like the frame yet but it looks very well built.

glad to see another contender in the market and hyped about the machines entrance. cant wait to ride it and see how it stacks up against my honda!!

stoked about the future of quads for sure!!

-ant
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I know this is the first post, but after watching the videos online about the new ds450, how are all you guys feeling about this quad.

I think it is definatly breaking new boundaries and will really help the quad revolution, there may be 1st year problems along the way, but still appears to be industry leading.

Whats your opinions?
The quad definitely has potential. But until we actually get to ride it and see what the motor does with a few tweaks (air filter, exhaust, etc), its just going to be a wait and see approach at this point. But if your in the market for a new quad, I definitely wouldn't purchase anything else until this quads potential is revealed. But by then the new KTM and YFZ should be out as well. So many choices...life is good!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 01:31 AM

I think it will have some first year issues, but the motor will be strong for sure!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 02:00 AM

I agree about the motor! The thing seems like its a beast. But like Cyber said above, until we ride it all these questions and thoughts we have are pretty much up in the air right now. I know im excited about it.. Even though its a little ugly with those lights on the front
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
I agree about the motor! The thing seems like its a beast. But like Cyber said above, until we ride it all these questions and thoughts we have are pretty much up in the air right now. I know im excited about it.. Even though its a little ugly with those lights on the front

I agree will all the post above. This will just help take our sport to a new level!! Cant wait to get one.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
With a little AGP photoshop work...It's easy to imagine it being a nice GNCC race quad.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM

it's to bad it's like the ugliest 450 i've ever seen. and i thought nothing could take that away from the KFX. Im curious to see the motor specs and such. I heard BMW was going to use that motor in their 450 mx bike. rumor tho.

but seriously, companies need to figure out that a large part of the population buy quads based on looks. like the casual guy that walks in and decides he wants a go fast quad.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM
yfzb

that thing is so ugly! but i have a good feeling about the performance of the motor, i have seen what those renagades can do.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM

Nice job on the photo chop work, really helps to provide a visual for possibilities. Personally, I think it looks fine. Most shots appear to be from the front but if it lives up to the hype, most ppl will be looking at its rear end when it flys by.
There are many revolutionary inovations to this machine that beg the question, "why didn't they do that before". I really like the front brake rotor/caliper set-up and the hollow rear axle/extended hub idea. Time will tell if it holds up to the abuse. I envision some tremendous loading at the splines, but I'm sure Can Am has done their homework here.
The engine sure has big power but looks to give away a lot of the bottom end of the powerband to make it. I guess 38mm intake valves and a 46mm throttle body will tend to do that though.
Machine should be hitting the dealers now and from my calls I wouldn't expect any deals other that MSRP.
Look forward to seeing one and hopefully swinging a leg over and gett'n a test ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-AM DS450 Forum - DS-450Central Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page