Talked with my Can-Am rep today - Can-AM DS450 Forum - DS-450Central Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Punk'd
I work at a Can-Am dealer and today our rep came in. He told me he has ridden one breifly, said the thing flat out rips and he didnt even hit 5th gear, It handles amazing and is very comfortable. I asked him how it compared to the other 450's on the market and he anwsered "this bike blows them all away by far".

He told me he didnt get a chance to really check out the suspension, but he did add that the seat is soft and ride positition feels similar to a yfz.

BUT there is bad news. He also told me they will not be released until Oct-Nov. He said very few will be released beforehand and most will go to CA.

I was upset when he told me the release date. I hope its not true, but he does work for them and told me hes positive.

BTW: All the info about the ds450 can be trusted due to the fact that our Can-Am rep owns a YAMAHA YFZ450 and not a Can Am. He acually races TT.

If you guys have any questions please ask and ill do my best to anwser or find out.

PS: He promised me first dibs on one

Thanks,
Randy

Soon to come DS450!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:10 AM

imagine that... guy who works for can am says that thier new bike blows the other ones away...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Imagine that.. I happen to know the guy and so does the rest of the shop. We go on trips and out to dinner all the time. Not only is he our rep he is our friend. He owns a YAMAHA YFZ450. Im not sure you caught that.

He wouldnt tell me to buy something that totally blew balls.

Im just telling you what he told me, I dont see you posting comments on what your friends who have ridden one think about it??

BTW: Nice first post. Im sure you only here to cause trouble, but other people might enjoy the info I posted. So lets try to play nice.

Soon to come DS450!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Well I hope to see one line up next to me in a XC race here in Floriduh. I have always said I wold switch nack to BRP or whatever, when they came out with a 450. But they took so long to come out with it. I have already dumped a ton of money into my YFZ to make it an XC competitor. They are only reselling for around $5,000 fully set up and I still owe the bank $2,800. So to make this race ready wold break me. I will have to do a rebuild on the YFZ and run the dog meat out of it one more season. I really, really want one of these to line up with a good rider so I can see what all the hype is.
I cannot afford to be Can-Am's guinea pig. I will have to wait :( GT Thunder is already making a kit for this machine :)
Thanks for the report.
and that guys post about the rep telling about how the machine blows the comp away, well I can kind of see his point hehehe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the report.
and that guys post about the rep telling about how the machine blows the comp away, well I can kind of see his point hehehe

Trust me I can understand what you guys are coming from because you dont know the rep like I do, but he isnt just our rep he is a very good friend of ours and even admits when Cam-Am screws up..etc He is a very honest man and would not lie to me or the people I work with. He just told me its a whole new ball game with this ds450.

Just trying to keep you all informed.

Soon to come DS450!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 PM

Yes, please do keep it coming. I am anxious to see it perform. I am going with my dealer to some kind of expo to ride one. I can't wait! My guts tell me it will be way too tall like a Raptor. Thus not so great in the woods trying to win. But I have been wrong way more than I have been right ! LOL!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, please do keep it coming. I am anxious to see it perform. I am going with my dealer to some kind of expo to ride one. I can't wait! My guts tell me it will be way too tall like a Raptor. Thus not so great in the woods trying to win. But I have been wrong way more than I have been right ! LOL!
I dont think its going to sit like the Raptor. My friend who rode it told me it sits similar to a YFZ (low)

Although the pictures dont look like it sits low BUT the shocks could compress more than we think. Im not sure, that is just what he told me.

Soon to come DS450!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Talking

I think it's good info.I like hearing positive about this quad.I want one even though I know the KTM 525 is probably more suited to my needs.The engine is what really intrigues me .For every good review someone is gonna have a negative response.no matter.it will stand on it's own good or bad when it drops.I hope it is even better than the hype.other things to consider are aftermarket suport and if it does have a problem being a first year production run,how well will can am stand behind it?

metaltech +4" swingarm,marvin shaw hillshooter,vortex ignition,tm design chain slide,nic cycle ported head(scrap now),HPD 558,HPD 460 cams,springs and buckets,triple buff 21"haulers,HPD powermaxx full pipe,also HMF,tusk nerfs,ims custom classic bumper,mrhp Lectron46 mm hv,K&N RX-3800 air filter clamp on, stock gearing,hpd +2" anti-vib stem,pro taper fat bars.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think it's good info.I like hearing positive about this quad.I want one even though I know the KTM 525 is probably more suited to my needs.The engine is what really intrigues me .For every good review someone is gonna have a negative response.no matter.it will stand on it's own good or bad when it drops.I hope it is even better than the hype.other things to consider are aftermarket suport and if it does have a problem being a first year production run,how well will can am stand behind it?

I agree. Im not sure about you guys, but I will be buying the extended warrenty when I get mine because of the fact its a first year bike.

Soon to come DS450!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-AM DS450 Forum - DS-450Central Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page